Friday, October 1, 2010

The Loves of my Life

Today I was sharing a picture of my rainbows with a family member and she said "awww the loves of your life." I just smiled and replied yes but statements like that make me sad. They are not the only loves of my life, Genesis is too. It makes me really miss her. 

As I have been mentioning on my facebook page and here, the skies have been beautiful the last few days. I cant help but think of her when I see them. Last nights sunset was awe-inspiring.
Then this morning I woke up to a gorgeous sunrise! 




And within a few hours turned into a storm cell rolling in. 
Its kind of like my grief. Ever changing, not staying in one spot for too long. Some days, or really just moments, are good and beautiful and I enjoy it, and others are hell like the red angry clouds. So I sit here in awe of the beauty and power of the skies, just as I am in awe of our babies and the influence they have in our lives... in our lives but for a moment but the effects are unmeasurable. There is a quote I like that describes just this: "A drop of water to the world....but a tsunami in my life." So I sit here looking out the window at the ever changing sky, hearing the distant rumblings of the heavens... I think of my darling Genesis.

6 comments:

Antoinette said...

yes def a tsunami in my life as well...i thought of Genesis with last nights pic of the sunset too!!!! so powerful!!! xoxo

brigette said...

Wow amazing pictures and it sure is alot like grief isnt it... im excited to hear about your new changes. I love following your blog you wrote Kaels name on the sidewalk and I so appreciate it!! Thank you

Jessica said...

Amazing pictures and amazing words. I love that quote - so so true! (((hugs)))

Lisette said...

Such a beautiful post. "A drop of water to the world....but a tsunami in my life." So, so true!!!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Beautiful post. I love the photos and the quote is so meaningful!

croleyc69 said...

Such a beautiful post and the pictures are just Awesome. I love that quote !!!

Thinking of you and your precious Genesis.
{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...