Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just in time

I received the candle I won from Audrey's Little Light in the mail today. I was blown away by how beautiful it was. I mean it is simply stunning. Check out the photos I took. Once again I wish I had a good camera because again, these photos do not do the beauty justice. I have been wanting a memorial candle for Genesis for quite some time and I finally have it just in time for October 15th. But I dont think Ill actually light it. Its to beautiful to use. I will light pink tea lights all around it though. I will def post photos when the time comes. As we all know October is a big month for us BLMs. Its a whole month dedicated to remembering all babies and children that are no longer with us. I have my first walk ever on saturday. I registered for a walk last year but was not able to attend as I was pregnant with my second rainbow and very early on had spotting due to a SCH and I didnt want to aggravate it. I was so disappointed that I only participated in spirit. Prior to that I had no idea there were walks. Only now that I am heavily involved with the BLM community do I know what is going on. Speaking of things going on, the OC Walk To Remember is having a Pregnancy & Infant Loss fund raiser at Mimi's Cafe all through Orange County. Its on Friday October 15th from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm. 15% of the proceeds from the food bill will benefit the OC Walk To Remember. The funds raised by the OC Walk To Remember benefit local hospitals and support groups in their efforts to help parents who have lost a baby in pregnancy or infancy. Ok getting back to the walk on Saturday. That walk is the LA Walk To Remember. Im doing 2 this year. Im very nervous as I know I will probably be a crying mess and I will get to meet a few BLMs from facebook in person for the first time and how are they going to remember me? With mascara running down my face and my big red crying nose. oy! But I suppose they have the same fears...we can cry together and remember our children. 




In other news, Megan, Wyatt's mommy, got a special visit from a dragonfly today. She was just beautiful and because she remembered that dragonflies are Genesis thing, she kindly made me a photo of it. It was the most tame dragonfly ever. From what I read on her blogpost, she said it was there for several hours and even let her touch its beautiful wings. Then eventually she flew away. How magical is that!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a gorgeous candle!! I am doing my first walk on Sunday - but I plan to not wear mascara LOL
What a lovely dragonfly also :)

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Such a beautiful candle!!! I am so very happy about the little vistor today, just made my day. <3

Holly said...

Her candle is beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Her candle is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...