Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 25

Day 25 - your day, in great detail



Well today Im going to be a couch potato and not do much so Ill tell you about my day yesterday.


I woke up to the sound of D saying "mommy, mommy, mama, mom, mommy, mom, GOOD MORNING!" around 7:45 am. G was still asleep. She is quite the sleepy head in the morning, so cute. So we got up. I put G in the crib. I used the bathroom (hey it said great detail lol) Changed both of the kids diapers. Gave D his breakfast and ate mine. Honey Bunches of Oats I believe which is also becoming a new favorite for D as well. I washed the dishes and fed G. I put her down for a morning nap as I got D and myself ready to go out. Once everyone was finally dressed I struggled to go down a flight of stairs with a kid in one arm and a bag hanging off the other while holding D's hand. Then we walk over to the car and pack in everyone which always takes at least 10 minutes. By the time Im done Im seriously sweating from the workout. 


I decided it was time to get some new pants since my body is still changing since I had G and I needed something that fit better. So off to Old Navy we went. Its not far from the house...10 minutes or so but it was long enough for there to be a meltdown in the car while I was driving and yelling from the front seat. We get there and of course the parking lot is full and I end up getting what seems like the furthest away parking spot. So I park and once again the task of not only unpacking everyone but unloading my double stroller. Again, it takes another 10 minutes just to do that and again Im sweating from how much work it is. So I lock the car and on I go to Old Navy. I dont want to waste time going to other stores so I go as fast as I can straight to Old Navy. But its not fast enough as D is already asking to get out of the stroller before I even enter the store. It took convincing but he agreed to stay... for a little longer.


I make it to the store and my ginormous stroller takes up practically the whole isle. Pushing that thing is like pushing a limousine stroller around. And to think, I bought the "compact" one! So I know what I am looking for and go straight to that section and get a few sizes to try on. I go really quick into the kids section and see if there is anything worth getting for the kids. All the while D is nagging to get out of the stroller again every 2.5 minutes. I needed to try on the pants so on to the dressing rooms I go. THANK YOU OLD NAVY FOR HAVING THE FAMILY FITTING ROOM! It seriously is the only place where I can fit my jumbo stroller and myself and still have room to try on clothes. So I seriously am trying on the different pairs of pants at the speed of light because its only a matter of seconds before someone has a problem...(someone aka one of the kids) and wouldn't you know it as Im taking off pair one G starts to fuss. I give her the pacifier and she quiets down to only remind D that its his turn to cry. So Im talking to D showing him the pants, like he really gives a care, and trying to make it exciting. (let me state for the record that I HATE pant shopping. I can NEVER, and I mean NEVER find the perfect pant. I usually leave empty handed and at the verge of tears because I am reminded of how fat I am. Not only that but the lighting in the dressing rooms are just horrible and again only magnify what carrying 3 babies has done to your body) 


So I finish trying on the pants and we leave the dressing room with no meltdowns and everyone is ok. Once again Im in a rush to get to the cashier and pay because again the clock is ticking for a meltdown. And of course I cant go as fast as I want to because Im pushing a friggin living room on wheels around. I eventually get to the line just in time for a dude with a stroller to cut me off and get in line before me. Seriously? Stroller wars? sheesh. So because the Old Navy I went to is an outlet, they have long lines all the time. Whoopty friggin do. And they have those things up with the rope that makes the line go in an "S" shape. So I have to navigate this tiny and narrow maze with this HUGE stroller. Not easy. Then the lady behind me keeps getting closer and closer to me. She pokes me several times in my back and butt with all the clothes and hangers in her arms. She was seriously so close I could smell her breath. Hello? PERSONAL BOUNDARIES MUCH? I kept turning around and giving her the stink eye but she didnt get a clue. I secretly wish she went in front of me so I can run her down with my tank of a stroller lol. While in line of course D had a meltdown. Not as bad as some other kids Ive seen but of course like 4 people had to turn around and look at me like I was the crappiest mother in the universe. And I of course didnt make eye contact and looked off into space as if I had no idea my child was the one crying in line. What do you want me to do eh? So finally it was my turn to pay and we were out of there.


There was only one thing on my mind. Getting to the car in a mad dash. And things were going pretty good until D saw that little train that gives rides to kids all over the mall. He loves trains. Great. He wanted to see it and I was tempted to let him go see it but G was getting fussy and hungry and I just knew it was too much to do it all at once. I said we would come back another time and that he could see the train set that we had at home. I kept telling him how awesome the train set was and how super it was. It was so cute. When I said its a super train set his reply was "Amazing!" I talked to him the whole way to the car about getting to play with his train once we got home. Once we made it to the car he realized he wasnt going to see the train we saw in the mall. Let the real meltdown begin. I begin the task of putting them, my bag of new pants, my purse and the stroller back in the car. Once again, another 10 minutes. Add a crying 2 yr old to the mix and it feels like 10 hours. And once Im in the car I am once again sweating like a pig. 


On our drive home I still talked to him about playing with his train and we actually passed a train track with a train on it which he totally got excited about. We finally got home and he eventually forgot about the train. We had lunch and I put G down for a nap. Of course D had to wake her only 5 minutes into the nap. Great. I finally got her back to sleep and put on dora or some cartoon for D while I took a quick shower. And I do mean quick. My showers consist of leaving the door open and staying in no longer than 5 minutes. I always always have D coming in saying "mom, mommy, mama... Im hungry, Im bored, I wanna play, I want up..." anything and everything he could possible want he wants it while Im in the shower. Today was no exception. Somewhere in the chaos I had time to eat dinner... wait did I have dinner? nope no dinner. I was on the computer trying to update my facebook and whatnot and all the while I had D screaming in the background "super powers, super powers" and I have G in my arms crying or fussing and drooling a hot mess all over my shoulder and back. She eventually falls asleep in my arms only for D to run in yelling and waking her up. I manage to put her back to sleep and put her down only to find D playing in the dogs water dishes. I was gonna rest but no, time to give D a bath. 


Of course there is another meltdown from D because he doesnt like getting his head wet but I have to wash his hair because he has even managed to put food in it. And of course the noise wakes up G...again. I finish with him and I might as well give G a bath too. so now they are squeaky clean and while I had a shower earlier, I had such a work out bathing them and having G drool all over me I seriously need another shower. But no time for that, instead baby wipes to the rescue. (ya they are a good way to freshen up quick. I heard that one from Brad Pitt lol) 


Ok so somewhere in between all that I manage to breathe and not jump out a window. I have D getting tired which equals grumpy. I dont want him to fall asleep yet, its only 7. If he goes to bed now he will be up at 4 am. So I try to keep him awake for a bit longer. G is just chillin playing with her toys. Finally 9 o' clock comes around and its a decent hour to put the kids to bed. Which of course means bedtime for me too. 


I make D his bottle of milk and change both of their diapers and to bed we go. D of course likes to toss and turn for a while until he is comfortable. But after 5 minutes of that it gets quiet annoying. G is in bed nursing and falling asleep as well. That is if D would stop moving. A half our later G is asleep and D is still fidgeting. I finally have to get mad and tell him to go to sleep before he stops and actually falls asleep. I am exhausted yet I cant fall asleep. I lay there with random thoughts for a good two hours before I fall asleep... only to be woken up by G who is hungry again. Repeat that about every hour or so for the rest of the night. 


Then I wake up the next morning and do it all over again. Yippee. 

2 comments:

Jaydens mommy said...

Girl, your day just wore me out. I think you need a day of pampering. When I get out there, we are finding a siter for the day and we will have a day of something, whatever, pampering or hell just talking or wait maybe just sitting in quiet. But when I come back I will see you and hang out for a day.

I hope you can get that break sooner than that though, you are a amazing woman. And sorry, but I must admit I did giggle at some points in your day: running the lady down with the living room on wheels stroller, G being the drool factory. Hope you have a fabulous Monday.

Tiffany said...

Girl, your day just wore me out. I think you need a day of pampering. When I get out there, we are finding a siter for the day and we will have a day of something, whatever, pampering or hell just talking or wait maybe just sitting in quiet. But when I come back I will see you and hang out for a day.

I hope you can get that break sooner than that though, you are a amazing woman. And sorry, but I must admit I did giggle at some points in your day: running the lady down with the living room on wheels stroller, G being the drool factory. Hope you have a fabulous Monday.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...