Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As long as it's healthy...

A blogger I follow posted this video the other day:



I gotta say, it really made me think. Dont get me wrong. I think its totally funny and totally true. The line that stuck out to me was "I cant wait to hear someone say, dont care if its brain dead, dont care if its limbless, if it has a penis..." I have said it before (IRL) that it bugs me when asked what gender they are hoping for they reply with "As long as its healthy we dont care." I know what they are trying to say, and I agree with the underlying meaning. But I dont agree with the wording "As long as..." Its like saying you dont want it or wont love it as much if its not healthy. I think that is the point these girls were trying to make with that specific line. I know that when people say that response they really mean to say "We dont care what gender the baby is. We only hope that its healthy." See, now wouldn't it be better to just say that? But I doubt most people will word it that way because, well its just one of those things we say, have always said, and will always say. So I try to look past the face value of that statement and try to remember the deeper meaning. But that verse in the song really hit home because technically Genesis was brain dead. And if I would have been able to keep her with me, even brain dead, you better believe I would have. 

8 comments:

MissingYouAlways said...

I totally get what your saying girl.
Im one of the ones that said Idc as long as the baby is healthy, or ALIVE.

if my baby had a disorder or something... I would love my baby just the same, I WOULD HOPE for a healthy baby, but my main concern is a living baby.

<3 I get what your saying 100% AND i have to agree

Jessica said...

OH MY GOSH !!!! I love that video SO hilarious! And I agree the whole "as longs as its healthy" thing is just maddening! <3 thanks for sharing <3

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Good post.. really does make one think. Especially being on the other side now.

Love ya Tiff!!!

Holly said...

I've thought about that myself. When people have asked me I have said we just hope to bring her home.

*Laura Angel said...

GOOOD post!!

croleyc69 said...

Great post !!!

Caroline

Lisette said...

Now you got me thinking!! Good post.

Tiffany said...

Now you got me thinking!! Good post.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...