Thursday, August 26, 2010

YAY for mail!


Remember I mentioned a few posts back how I got my rainbow's shirts to wear for our walk to remember from a fellow BLM? Well they came in the mail yesterday. What do you think?

I LOVE THEM! They are better than I expected. I can't wait for all of us to be wearing our shirts. Ill be taking lots of pictures! Unfortunately I will not be posting pictures of my rainbows here because of privacy concerns but if you are my friend on facebook I will definitely be posting them there. If we are not friends on facebook yet, please feel free to find me and let me know you are a BLM. I will gladly add you.

Also speaking about mail, I had bought these little dragonflies for Genesis before she was born and after she died... well there was really no use for them. I kept one to put in her memory box but I had no idea what to do with the rest. That is until I met a fellow BLM, Kalialani, from The Butterfly Room on facebook. Here daughter Leila and Genesis have a lot of things in common including that dragonflies were her thing. So I decided to share Genesis' dragonflies with Leila's mommy and mail her one. Here is a pic of the one Genesis has:
And here is the one that we mailed to Leila and Kalialani. And can I say how honored and touched I am that Kalia took a picture of our girls dragonflies next to a picture of little Leila. Its just beautiful.
Im so glad that our girls brought us together. Its always nice to meet BLM...not because its nice what we have gone through, but its nice someone understands and we can offer support to each other. But then there are some BLM that you just connect with better than others. Though I have not known Kalialani or Leila long, I have a special place for them in my heart. I feel like we are family, she's like a sister to me. So I guess that makes me Leila's aunt lol :) And I just know that Leila and Genesis are bff's. And as a side note, Kalia so kindly allowed me to use her photo of Leila from her own blog. She likes to share her story and Leila's memory with as many people as possible. To read more about Kalialani & Leila's story, click on the blog button to the left for The Butterfly Room.

6 comments:

Lisette said...

That is so great that you shared the dragonfly with Kalialani. Love the photos. It is amazing how this community just bonds together.

I love the shirts!!!! They are so cute!

Holly said...

I love the shirts! And how sweet of you to share the dragonflies!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

I honestly think our children have planned for us to met someone that we can share some many of the same things with. I have met a lot of BLMs over the past almost 3 months. But there are a few who I connect with the most. In addition, there is one who we have SO much in common. I honestly think that our sons brought us together.

Kalialani said...

Awww I LOVE The shirts for your little rainbows! and hey they're my niece and nephew now too! :D Can't wait to see pictures from the walk! and thank you again for sharing Genesis' dragonfly with Leila. She loves it! and I KNOW they are best friends up there! :D and like you said, even though it's not nice what we've gone through, it's very nice that we share a special bond because our little girls brought us together :D

xoxo

Antoinette said...

i LOVE that dragon fly, its so beautiful...and I totally agree (as u know) that some of us just 'click'....i love everyone, but there are those i cant picture my life without....xoxo...the onesies are SOOOOO cute i cant wait to see the pics =))))))

Tiffany said...

i LOVE that dragon fly, its so beautiful...and I totally agree (as u know) that some of us just 'click'....i love everyone, but there are those i cant picture my life without....xoxo...the onesies are SOOOOO cute i cant wait to see the pics =))))))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...