Sunday, August 22, 2010

*Winks*

I asked my BLM friends on facebook this question and got some awesome responses so I thought I would ask you all this question.

Do you get *winks* from your baby? What I mean by that is, does something ever happen that cant be explained but you know its your baby? Do you see something that reminds you of them that is not the norm? Do you ever get a feeling come over you that you just know they are there? or that you were supposed to cross paths with someone because of them?

I do. I love it when that happens. So my daughter has a pretty unique name...Genesis. I have never met another Genesis in my life. I have never seen it anywhere before. After Genesis died I would see her name everywhere. I mean everywhere. I was driving around and stopped at a light and looked to my left and there was a sign that said "Genesis Flowers." On another occasion, I was driving home from work on Genesis 1 yr angelversary of her death and a truck pulled in front of me out of no where and it said "Genesis Plumbing" on the back door so that I was face to face with this sign for almost my entire drive home. The day before her 2 yr angelversary I was on a plane and saw the clouds make a shadow on the ground that looked like angel wings. On her 2 yr angelversary that was the day that Carly emailed me her name in the sand, and she had no idea that was such a significant day for me. On her 3 yr angelversary (this year) Carly emailed me once again with a personalized dragonfly in the sand with Genesis name on it. It was a giveaway that I won. Also dragonflies were Genesis thing. I find dragonflies following me or circling me.

There were two more *winks* that happened to me recently and they were through Molly Bears. I became a fan of the Molly Bears facebook page and requested a Genesis Bear. Another BLM had joined the group and saw my request and sent me a message. Turns out we both had stillborn daughters, roughly at the same gestation, both born in the month of March and check this out... HER BABY'S NAME WAS GENESIS TOO! I thought that was just too much to be a coincidence. Im not sure why we crossed paths but I am glad we did. I feel like I was supposed to get to know her. Also Brigitte, founder of Molly Bears, shared a birthday with Genesis! WOW! And speaking of Molly Bears I got her in the mail yesterday. Check her out:

Isn't she pretty? Genesis was born very close to St. Patricks Day so it always reminds me of her and of course yellow was one of her colors. And I know Im getting a little sidetrack here but I just had to share. Brigitte from Molly Bears was recently interviewed for the channel 6 news in San Diego. You can watch the video below.





Anyway, getting back to *winks*. There are a ton of other things but you see what Im saying. Id love for you to share your stories of ways your baby has *winked* at you. Ive been calling them Winks but Id love to hear what you call them. Do you think its just a coincidence? or that we only see or notice them now because of our babies? I think there are too many things for it to just be a coincidence. But Id love to hear what you think about it.

3 comments:

Antoinette said...

I call mine "alyssa moments"' I feel sometimes they are JUST TOO MUCH of a coincidence and that makes me know she is still with me and bringing me so much love. i have a quick 'wink' that i will share...there are so many but this one reminds me of your post. I had a friend request by Mayra Cisneros months ago...well the 'pass the balloon' thing started and she passed mine and left a comment that her and alyssa shared the same birthday 2/23 well HER daughter shares the same birthday as me!!! She was born on 8/25 and passed away a few months later...but alyssa and her brought us together to share this pain and bring us comfort...i think that is the one that gives me the chills the most..she was supposed to be born in september, she was early....alyssa was supposed to be born in march, she was 5 weeks early!!! crazy!!?? I think not, i think those are 'winks' too!!

Tiffany said...

I call mine "alyssa moments"' I feel sometimes they are JUST TOO MUCH of a coincidence and that makes me know she is still with me and bringing me so much love. i have a quick 'wink' that i will share...there are so many but this one reminds me of your post. I had a friend request by Mayra Cisneros months ago...well the 'pass the balloon' thing started and she passed mine and left a comment that her and alyssa shared the same birthday 2/23 well HER daughter shares the same birthday as me!!! She was born on 8/25 and passed away a few months later...but alyssa and her brought us together to share this pain and bring us comfort...i think that is the one that gives me the chills the most..she was supposed to be born in september, she was early....alyssa was supposed to be born in march, she was 5 weeks early!!! crazy!!?? I think not, i think those are 'winks' too!!

Hannah Rose said...

I am waiting on my Lily Bear to arrive...should be here within the next couple of weeks! It is special that Genesis and my Lily share a birthday, March 16. And how neat that Bridget from Molly Bears does too! :) I love Genesis Bear. Lily obviously was also born the day before St. Patrick's Day in 2010, so it reminds me of her as well. I left the hospital that day and remember seeing staff with St. Patty's Day hats and wearing lots of green.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...