Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

My baby girl Genesis was stillborn March 16, 2007. I have a personal blog that I have documented everything in my everyday life, including Genesis, but thought that Genesis deserved her very own special spot in this universe. Thanks to Franchesca at Small Bird Studio, she has created the most beautiful place for Genesis. This blog is going to be real, raw, and beautiful, just as Genesis was. This is a place for me to document my feelings and events that happen that remind me of Genesis. Not all readers may agree with my point of view, but I'm not writing for an audience. I'm writing for myself and for Genesis. And if you choose to follow our journey, I thank you for your support.

It has been over 3 years since my baby left me and I have been to many different places emotionally during that time. I don't know what each day will bring or what days will be hard. From time to time I will post entries here that I posted in my original blog so that you can get more of the pieces of my past that have brought me here to you today. I suggest you read the "Genesis & My Story" tab as that will fill you in on much information.

So to begin this blog I'd like to post a letter that I wrote to my dear Genesis when I found out I was pregnant with my first rainbow baby.


My Darling Genesis,
Today was supposed to be your birthday. I had pictured this day a million times and what the days events might bring. Only now, I have an empty nursery and the baby I carry inside isnt you. Although you were born at almost 21 weeks you were the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. You looked a lot like me, and that made me feel great. I am proud of myself and your dad for making something so precious. You grew your wings the day you were born, March 16th, 2007, a day I will always remember. And although you were not able to be here on Earth with us and enjoy our lives together, you will always be a huge part of my life and the life of your family. We will never forget you, as a matter of fact there is not one day that goes by that I dont think of you or pray for you, waiting for the day I get to see you again my sweet. Although I am pregnant again my love, dont think that this baby or any will ever replace you for that is impossible. I am only giving you a little brother or sister and hopefully many more in the future. I will make sure that they all know that you are their big sister. I love you so much honey, since the moment I knew you were in me I fell in love and I still love you with all my life. I wish things would have been different, but this is what life has brought our way and we deal with it in the way we can. I know I will see you again baby, and I cant wait till then. You will always have a special spot in my heart. And I will never feel complete again until we are together again. You were the best of me my little angel. Until then I ask for God to watch over you and to keep your name in the Book of Life. Until we meet again my little one, hugs and kisses forever and ever.

Love,
Your Mom

1 comments:

Kalialani said...

YAY I'm your first follower! I LOVE your blog! It's beautiful just like Genesis :) Great job Franchesca!Your letter to Genesis is beautiful as well. I'm sure she is VERY proud of her little brother and sister...and her Mommy too! :D What you have done with Names on the Sidewalk is beautiful and healing for many and you have been a great friend to many BLM, including me! I can't wait to follow your journey. I am always here for you when you need me! xoxo

<3 Genesis <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...