Sunday, August 22, 2010

She cheered me up today

It's been super hot here in good ol' Los Angeles and I thought I would get out of the house today. I packed up my rainbows and got in the car and took a drive to Santa Monica. It started off really nice. AC on full blast, listening to Britney, Gaga, John Legend, have my precious rainbows with me, have the sun roof open and just enjoying the day. I was in heaven for a moment. I was really happy and at peace without a care in the world. Then I got to thinking, like I do most days. And I was thinking how I should have 3 kids in the back seat enjoying this beautiful day. I got to thinking of my horrible ex and everything he has put me through. I just was juggling all sorts of thoughts and then before I knew it I felt like crying.

I felt like crying but I couldn't. I felt like I needed to just bawl my eyes out, cry hysterically till I cant breathe through my nose and my eyes hurt from how swollen they are, soak a dozen tissues, scream into a pillow kind of cry. Like my good fried Ann puts it, I needed to cry so hard that I would wake up with a cry hangover. But I just could not shed one tear at that moment. I planned on doing it when I got home though. It's a release, ya know?

Well to my surprise Genesis made my day a lot better today. Here is how. I went to visit the new mall in Santa Monica, you know that 3 story one for all my local people, and I saw this huge line for something. I asked and it turns out they were giving away free t-shirts. Not just any t-shirts. There were airbrush artists that would put any name and a photo on the shirt for you FREE of charge. That's right people, FREE. Immediately I knew what I wanted. As mentioned in an earlier post, I have already bought shirts for my rainbows when attending our walk to remember to say that they are walking for their big sister but I had nothing to wear and I had no idea what I wanted or where I was going to get it. I got Genesis name on my shirt with a pink sunset. Im going to wear this on our special day.

My family was also there with me and I was afraid they were going to say something about me getting a shirt with Genesis name, or completely ignore it and make me feel awkward. Well when my mom saw it she was all smiles and she said how beautiful it was. I told her where I was going to wear it to and she said that was a wonderful idea. My day got turned around with this great surprise. Not to mention my rainbows got their own shirts too! I can honestly say, today was a good day.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! It's so pretty!

Lisette said...

How wonderful is that? I am glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your day. I am also glad that no one made you feel uncomfortable getting a shirt with her name on it.

brigette said...

What an amazing shirt!! I love it love it love it!!

Holly said...

I love her shirt! It's so pretty!!!

Tiffany said...

I love it! It's so pretty!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...